Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2024

the Lord's increase

I believe the Lord’s admonition to “be still” entails much more than simply not talking or not moving. Perhaps His intent is for us to remember and rely upon Him and His power “at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in.” Thus, “be still” may be a way of reminding us to focus upon the Savior unfailingly as the ultimate source of the spiritual stillness of the soul that strengthens us to do and overcome hard things.
“Be Still, and Know That I Am God”  
By Elder David A. Bednar
April 2024

Psalm 46:10
Mark 4:39

The miracle of the Lord putting divine words in my mouth is always a wonderful privilege. I often say the miracle is not in the Lord opening my mouth but in closing it. I have had that happen a few times.  

I have also been blessed with the stillness of soul in elder bednar's talk. Many times, in the midst of chaos, contention, or catastrophe, the Lord has wrapped His peace around me.  It was peace beyond my capabilities.  I had to simply take the first step and strive for calm. He did the rest.

God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but only about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, he will increase our capability!
- It’s Service, Not Status, That Counts 
 By Elder Neal A. Maxwell
July 1975 Ensign 




No comments:

Post a Comment