Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

temple transformers

As we change our preparation to enter the temple, we will change our experience in the temple, which will transform our lives outside of the temple.
Covenant Confidence through Jesus Christ  
By Elder Ulisses Soares

I had my temple recommend interview with the stake counselor this week. I like some of the additions to the interview. This explanation is one of them, “The garment of the holy priesthood reminds us of the veil in the temple, and that veil is symbolic of Jesus Christ. When you put on your garment, you put on a sacred symbol of Jesus Christ. Wearing it is an outward expression of your inner commitment to follow Him."

When I'm able to go to the temple, I try to visualize and internalize the connection between veil and garment. This has been so important to me during times when I couldn't go to the temple very often. Each time I put on my garments, I visualize the veil, the connections, and the covenants I've made. It's deepened my love for the Lord. It's helped me to keep Christ forward in my mind in this hectic world. It's a few moments but it's sacred and sanctfied moments. We all need those as often as possible, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment