Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

be there

We “hear Him” in the words of scripture, but do we let them just sit on the page, or do we recognize He is speaking to us? Do we change?
Words Matter  
By Elder Ronald A. Rasband
April 2024

This question brought to mind one of my favorite talks. It was said before I was born but, thankfully, it is preserved.

"I know that I cannot know him as he is unless he reveals himself to me. That is the great hope—to penetrate the veil and see and know him as he is. Yet I do know some things because he has told holy men, who are prophets, about himself and has commanded that they bear record of what they saw and heard. I know that by reading about him in the scriptures I can hear his voice by the power of the Holy Ghost; that is, to read his word is to hear his voice."
When I Read, I Am There  
By President S. Dilworth Young
April 1973

When I read, I try to listen so that I can be there. I can be there when and where it happened. I can also be there in face to face counsel with my Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment