Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2024

hope rope

Alma 36:18
The phrase "as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart" has always stuck out to me. It conjures a picture of alma whirling through a vortex of guilt and then catching a rope that's been extended from outside. Maybe I just watch a lot of sci-fi shows and they've affected the way I think. I love the picture of an ever present safe rope to pull yourself out.

Alma 36:21
The other phrase in this chapter that has always commanded my attention is this two part comparison: "nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains" and "nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." There's an equality to it. No matter how low you are, there is a joy to match it. There is hope. There's always a rope to safety.  

Remember, there's always a hope rope.


No comments:

Post a Comment