Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

the plan of happiness and sadness

Alma 42:8 Now behold, it was not expedient that man should be reclaimed from this temporal death, for that would destroy the great plan of happiness.

5 years ago, the Lord sent me this scripture. My dad had passed away and I was angry at him for leaving me. I knew it wasn’t logical but I was angry anyway. As I read this short scripture, the Spirit filled my understanding. All of the things I'd been taught since I was a child were now put into context.

Death is part of life. To do away with death would bring all of everything crashing down. It would destroy the plan of happiness.   

The plan of happiness requires opposition. The plan of happiness includes sadness.  
2 Nephi 2:11

It made me step outside of my cocoon of mourning and let me glimpse eternity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment