Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Jehovah

Jehovah
I was reading a conference talk and something struck me in a way it hadn't before.  

"As Jehovah of the premortal life, Jesus was the central figure in making the primeval arrangements for the mortal existence of the human race."
Creator and Savior  
By Elder Mark E. Petersen
April 1983

I was reminded of a woman who came knocking on my door one Saturday. She was peforming her weekly missionary duties for her church. In the conversation I clarified that Jehovah was the premortal name of Jesus Christ. She was completely confused. I then clarified that God and Jesus are two different people, what their names are, and their relationship to each other and to us. All of this was new information to her.   

Remebering this short conversation, it was brought to mind how grateful and extremely blessed I am to have this knowledge. What a difference it has made in my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment