Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, July 12, 2024

God doesn't make junk

It is significant that all the qualifications for baptism are spiritual. No economic or social attainment is necessary. The poor and the rich have the same spiritual requirements. There are no race, gender, or ethnicity requirements. 
The Book of Mormon makes it clear that all are invited to partake of the Lord’s goodness, “black and white, bond and free, male and female; … all are alike unto God.” “All men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.”
Doctrine and Covenants 20:37
2 Nephi 26:33
2 Nephi 26:28
Be One with Christ  
By Elder Quentin L. Cook

As I read this talk today, I realized that sometimes it isn’t others who seek to point out differences or make us feel on uneven ground. Sometimes, we do this to ourselves. Theordore Roosevelt's saying has often been quoted in Conference, "Comparison is the thief of joy.” How often do I think that because I am different, or my contributions seem negligible that I am less or I don’t belong. Possibly the best response to myself when caught up in this line of thinking is another old addage, "I know I'm special cuz God doesn't make junk!"

No comments:

Post a Comment