Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

jacob 7

jacob 7: 5 made me ask myself about my own "be not moved" part of "stand in holy places and be not moved".   jacob is confronted by a guy named sherem.   sherem is going around trying to tear down the church, it's teachings and the faith of it's members.   " 5 And he had hope to shake me from the faith, notwithstanding the many revelations and the many things which I had seen concerning these things; for I truly had seen angels, and they had ministered unto me. And also, I had heard the voice of the Lord speaking unto me in very word, from time to time; wherefore, I could not be shaken." 

i haven't seen angels but i have heard the voice of God speaking to me through the Holy Ghost.   the problem is that i like goofing off and being lazy too. then i read in the joseph fielding smith chapter 13 for my rs lesson, "Everything that we do should be done in the name of Jesus Christ." what!? man! that's pretty intense.    i mean everything? 

this has just started me thinking. i know that it does not mean we should be serious all the time. i know it does not mean we can't relax. i am just thinking about how i can better use my time but also, not be "on" all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment