Pages

Friday, October 20, 2023

keep striving

The Power of Jesus Christ in Our Lives Every Day  
By Elder Joaquin E. Costa

"At times, having faith in Jesus Christ may seem like something impossible, almost unattainable. We may think that coming unto Christ requires a strength, power, and perfection we don’t have, and we just can’t find the energy to do it all."

I feel that sometimes. I have found that as elder costa says, "faith in Jesus Christ is what gives us the energy..."

We don’t come to Jesus because we are perfect. We come to Him because we are flawed and in Him we can “be perfected.”
Moroni 10:32

He then asks, "How do we begin exercising a little bit of faith every day?". He talks about the primary answers, prayer, scriptures, sacrament... I've found that sometimes I'm flailing even though I'm doing these things. It's usually because I'm only doing the minimums. Minimums are not striving. Sometimes they are a necessary place holder when there isn't strength to do more. Sometimes the minimum is our best but after we've regained some energy, we have to strive again. Not conquer. Not do everything. Just strive. Just 1% more than the minimum. 

If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
Martin Luther King Jr.

I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns. I find myself loving more intensely those whom I must love with all my heart and mind and strength, and loving them more, I find it easier to abide their counsel.
Spencer W. Kimball

give more, not less
not your least, give your best
karee ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment