Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

the temple and ten virgins

Since we're going to the temple tomorrow, I thought I'd look for some temple scriptures.

The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation  
By President Russell M. Nelson
Oct 2021

As I listened to this talk, it stiuck out to me that he said, "Should distance, health challenges, or other constraints prohibit your temple attendance for a season, I invite you to set a regular time to rehearse in your mind the covenants you have made." Temples were just reopening after covid at the time.  We had experienced first hand being unable to visit the temple.

In the footnotes of this talk, he outlines some other times that the temple was inaccessible. The temple built by Solomon was destroyed and rebuilt several times with extended "closures" to the people.
The nephites were without a house of the Lord until they built one in the promised land. 2 Nephi 5:16

Even if you can't go often, soak up as much as you can when you're there. 
Matt 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

I sometimes think of temple covenants when I get dressed. It's mentally putting on my armour. Ephesians 6:10-18
That way I can "go forth with power" even if I can't go forth from the temple as often as I'd like.

Doctrine and Covenants 109:15, 22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment