Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

turn on/to the Light

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

John 1:4-5
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

We compare Jesus to light all the time. I haven't really thought about how satan is compared to darkness. Fear of the dark is really common. I think about all of the big scary portrayals of satan. Fear is power. Fear is satan's tool.  

45% or more of children are afraid of the dark, 11% of adults. We learn to not fear the dark. With Christ’s light, we learn to not fear satan. I love Moses just calling satan out. "Who are you? You're nothing. Go away!"

My dad told me about his stubbornness while walking around the house at night. He kept tripping over a certain little foot stool. Even if he made sure to put it under a table, it would be in the middle of the floor and he'd trip. He finally humbled himself and would turn on a light. He said it was God giving him, and his posterity an object lesson.  

Don't stumble through the dark. Turn to the light of Jesus Christ. You can't do this in the dark. You must come into the Light.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Dumbledore 

No comments:

Post a Comment