Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Christmas and Easter

Alma 21:19
Matt 27:58-60
Mosiah 3:10
Matt 28:6
John 20:14-16

"This is the wondrous and true story of Christmas. The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem of Judea is preface. The three-year ministry of the Master is prologue. The magnificent substance of the story is His sacrifice, the totally selfless act of dying in pain on the cross of Calvary to atone for the sins of all of us.

There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The babe Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection."
-The Wondrous and True Story of Christmas  
By President Gordon B. Hinckley

Christmas is beautiful and sweet, as is the promise of Easter. Alpha and Omega, the Great I Am, all wrapped up and lain in manger. I rejoice because this babe grew, and chose to live for me, suffer for me, die for me, and take up His body again so that I might also live again in eternal glory. And all the time, He walks beside me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment