Pages

Friday, December 1, 2023

no fear with love

I'm working on the lesson for this week. I'm giving out papers with scriptures on them at the beginning of class and asking everyone to read them. Then, they're supposed to find places that their scriptures apply to the lesson and share. I'm handing out the answers. It's just practice applying what they read. I've done it before and it sort of works. It gets more people involved. They'll get it.

Honestly, I was really nervous and a little scared to teach again. I got a lot of disruption and arguments last time. It really hurt. I think the rest of the class was able to keep bringing the spirit back between the negativity. It still left me pretty hurt and not too willing to stand up there and try to teach a class again.

This scripture is in this lesson just for me.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

If I look for the love I have for God, I can love His children. If I love his children, I want to give them an opportunity to learn. I want to open the door for the Spirit to teach even if some of them try to keep slamming that door shut. I'm going to keep trying. I'm truly not afraid to stand in front of them anymore. I know it could be rough but I'm going to keep going with God's love, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment