Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2023

under the tree

1 nephi 8:10-12

10 And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy. 
11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen. 
12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.

You're invited to sut under the tree with me.

Sometimes, things are hectic, frustrating, depressing, and, and, and...
Im thos times, I seek refuge in the scriptural equivalent of comfort food, comfort scriptures or places. I might take a mental trip to the temple, read about peter being lifted from the sea, listen to apostles and prophets from my childhood, or some other peaceful place in the gospel library.  

Today, I find myself under Lehi’s tree. It gives light and warmth. The fruit is good. I kneel in gratitude and rest in safety. The mists of darkness don't reach in here. The shouting voices are silenced. Of course, there's work to be done, fruit to be shared, and friend's to call out to. Sometimes, when the dark overwhelms and sorrow becomes too great, there's just light and warmth at the foot of the tree.  

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment