Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Lehi’s dream and you

1 Nephi 8 - Lehi’s dream

"You are in it; all of us are in it. Lehi’s dream or vision of the iron rod has in it everything a … Latter-day Saint needs to understand the test of life."¹

I often imagine myself in Lehi’s vision. Sometimes under the tree, looking out into the mist, calling out into the world. Being careful to stay near the tree and not wander out into darkness.

Sometimes, I'm clinging to the iron rod. Unseen forces push and pry and my grip. Hurricanes whip all around me threatening to pull me into the devouring mist.  

1 Nephi 11:24–25
1 Nephi 12:16–17

"The mist of darkness will cover you at times so much that you will not be able to see your way even a short distance ahead. You will not be able to see clearly. But you can feel your way. With the gift of the Holy Ghost, you can feel your way ahead through life. Grasp the iron rod, and do not let go."¹

In those times, when the storms rage and darkness consumes, I hold to the rod and feel hold to me. No force can get my fingers free. I choose. If I choose to hold the rod, the maker if the rod holds to me.

1 - quotes from "Lehi’s Dream and You"
By Boyd K Packer, Jan 2007
https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/boyd-k-packer/lehis-dream/

No comments:

Post a Comment