Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

a walk in the garden

2 Nephi 8:3

This verse is a slow walk in a peaceful garden.  

*For the Lord shall comfort Zion,

That's me! I'm zion!

*he will comfort all her waste places; 

My waste places are trials, insecurities, depression, inadequacy 

*and he will make her wilderness like Eden,

I'm all kinds of wilderness. I like the wild part but wilderness is usually lacking in some of the comforts I enjoy: indoor plumbing, tp, stocked kitchen, soft bed. I think it means peace and reliability even in trials.

*and her desert like the garden of the Lord. 

Deserts are barren. The Lord provides. Material things and spiritual.   

*Joy and gladness shall be found therein,

No one likes trials but there is peace, guidance, and comfort to be found. Just being with someone that's positive and happy, someone you can rely on brings joy and gladness in any situation. 

 *thanksgiving and the voice of melody.

That's how you do it. Gratitude, joy, being positive, and kind. Find the humor, the joy, the fun. Sing, dance, rejoice in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment