Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2024

rest

Alma 8:1

Alma worked and then he returned to his house to rest.  

Matt 11:28-30
John 16:33

I had a lot to do the other day. Things seemed to pile up and my schedule got totally blown. Years of mothering kids through anxiety filled, last minute projects kicked in. (I'm sure the ministeting of angels was happening too) It was a calm frenzy. My mom voice just kept me in motion. My adhd brain kept me on several tasks at once.  

There was a fair amount of anxiety but there was also calm. I think that’s the yoke. It's work but you know you'll get done as much as you can and it will be enough. It's not permission to slack but it's also not the mad drive we often put upon ourselves. There's middle ground, a balance.  

I'm not sure how related this all is but it's my scriptural thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment