Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

Nephi the dad

2 Nephi 33:3

This scripture is such a parenting thing to say.  

"But I, Nephi, have written what I have written," - i know you might not believe me but I'm old and know what I'm talking about.

"and I esteem it as of great worth," - you can listen and learn or screw up and learn. Listening doesn't hurt as bad.

"and especially unto my people." - I claim you and love you so now your stuck with me being concerned and invested in your welfare. That means I'm going to tell you stuff you may or may not want to hear....like right now.

 "For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry." - because I love you, I implore the most powerful being I know to watch over and care for you. I'm telling you how much I tely on Him. Even if you don’t, I'm going to use my faith in your behalf. Surprise, God loves you more than I do, which is a lot, so He's going to do everything you'll let Him do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment