Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

be good

You may have seen a video of elder bednar talking about revelation. I found an interview where he expands on it a bit. Here's a couple extracts:
"How can I tell when I’m being prompted by the Spirit?…Quit worrying about it. Quit fussing with it. Quit analyzing it. You be a good boy, you be a good girl, you honor your covenants, you keep the commandments; and I promise you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that as you press forward with faith in Christ, your footsteps will be guided.
The vast majority of the time you are being influenced by the Holy Ghost and you have no idea that it is happening. We have the expectation that we have to be consciously aware in the moment that we are receiving revelation and that is not true. In fact, I would suggest much revelation is occurring as we are simply pressing forward, being good and trying to get better with God’s help."

I just love that he says to stop overthinking and just be a good person.  

https://www.ensign.edu/devotional/elder-david-a-bednar-and-jeff-simpson-01-2023

https://youtu.be/AGS45Fd9nmE?si=vrjSLa9t6gE0AT_c


No comments:

Post a Comment