Pages

Monday, April 29, 2024

covenant conduits

Normally, I would be drawn to the service section of the come follow me lesson. For some reason, I'm being lead to covenants instead. I've been hearing covenants from general conference and stake conference this last week. I guess we're talking about covenants. My question is, "Why?".  

Why are covenants important? There's the primary answers but that isn’t satifying my soul. I guess we're deep diving into covenants. I hope I can find what the Lord wants me to know and share this Sunday. 

This seems to be one of the things.

Forward spiritual momentum also propels us to make additional covenants with God in the house of the Lord. Multiple covenants draw us closer to Christ and connect us more strongly to Him. Through these covenants, we have greater access to His power. To be clear, baptismal and temple covenants are not, in and of themselves, the source of power. The source of power is the Lord Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. Making and keeping covenants create a conduit for Their power in our lives. As we live according to these covenants, we eventually become inheritors to all that Heavenly Father has. The momentum produced by living the doctrine of Christ not only powers the transformation of our divine nature into our eternal destiny but also motivates us to help others in appropriate ways.
The Powerful, Virtuous Cycle of the Doctrine of Christ
Dale G. Renlund
April 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment