Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Kintsugi or broken people mended though Christ

Walking in Covenant Relationship with Christ  
By President Emily Belle Freeman

"When the Lord called Enoch to journey through the land and testify of Him, Enoch hesitated. He was just a lad, slow of speech. How could he walk that path in his condition? He was blinded by what was broken in him. The Lord’s answer to what hindered him was simple and immediate: “Walk with me.”"

Moses 6:31-33
Matt 11:28-31

I've felt broken many times. Broken isn’t as much of a problem as it sometimes seems.  

1 Nephi 16:18, 23, 30-31

Exodus 4:10-16

Luke 15:11-20

Like a Kintsugi Bowl 
Elder Ifanomezana Rasolondraibe describes the art of Kintsugi or mending broken bowls with gold mixed into the mending compound. The belief of kintsukuroi is that the piece is more beautiful for being broken.

He then tells of a time he felt "broken" and was simply hanging on to what little faith he had left.  

He continues, "And then occurred the magic touch of the Master, demonstrating His infinite love and unfolding His immeasurable redeeming power. Figuratively mending each area of breakage of my heart, mind, and soul with His “golden lacquer of love” and resulting in my becoming a far more valuable “piece of pottery” — the very scars of which having come from that “experience, and [being] for [my] good.”"

Job 23:10

I feel like my broken pieces that have been mended or "made strong" (Ether 12:27) have made me a better person and a better disciple of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment