Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

commitment

I've been fumbling with the talk I'm supposed to give on the 31st. Tonight, i think i found the conference talk that will be my main inspiration. I'm not at all surprised it's from marvin j ashton. He's one of my favorites. “The Word Is Commitment” Oct 1983. You’ll probably be hearing a lot from my preparation over the next few weeks.

1 Ne. 3:7
D&C 58:27–29
 "A truly committed person does not falter in the face of adversity. Until one is committed, there is a chance to hesitate, to go off in another direction, or to be ineffective."

I think hesitation and distraction are the biggest barriers I face. How do you overcome that? That's the magic question, isn’t it. The creation of the world was chunked up into sections. A plan was made with individual items to be done. Progress was tracked in what elder Uchtdorf calls the "return & report" principle. That's not a lot. Make a plan with smaller items to be done. Check things off the list. Tell someone about your progress. It sounds so easy. It's finding the long lasting commitment that's difficult. God was inspired by His love for us and eternal goals. Jesus was inspired by the same. I guess the lesson is to find something you are passionate about to inspire you.  

And now, we start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment