Pages

Friday, January 26, 2024

could you reach that for me, please?

She is short and cannot reach to the high shelves unless she uses a chair or ladder, but I can reach the things from high shelves for her because I am taller than her. Taking our Savior’s yoke upon us is like that. As we yoke ourselves to Him, we can do things we couldn’t do on our own because He can do the things we cannot do for ourselves.
Do You Want to Be Happy?  
By Elder Yoon Hwan Choi

First, Elder Choi is about 5'11", about the same height as Elder Anderson. You're welcome.

As a short person, I appreciate tall people willing to reach things down for me. Of course, the Atonement is infinitely more helpful than someone reaching something down to you. It does speak to our small part though. Part of yoking ourselves to the Lord is accepting His call to care for each other. Even the smallest acts of kindness are part of His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment