Pages

Friday, January 12, 2024

intent

1 Nephi 6:4
Ether 12:24-27

And now, if there are faults they are the mistakes of men; wherefore, condemn not the things of God, that ye may be found spotless at the judgment-seat of Christ.
- Book of Mormon title page

Nephi and Moroni expressed their self doubt in effectively recording the matchless wonder of God's loving plan for us. I feel like that every time I teach or give a talk. I even feel like that when I try to express some small thought on social media. I agree with Alma in Alma 29:1, "O that I were an angel . . . ". Speaking with thunder sounds more effective but it didn’t sway Laman and Lemuel or the majority of the Israelites.   

"A manifestation of an angel, or even of the Son of God himself, would impress the eye and mind, and eventually become dimmed, but the impressions of the Holy Ghost sink deeper into the soul and are more difficult to erase.  
Through the Holy Ghost the truth is woven into the very fibre and sinews of the body so that it cannot be forgotten.”
- Pres Joseph Fielding Smith (One of my favorite quotes ever!)

In the end, I guess just trying to open the door for the Holy Ghost is enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment