Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

the most important knowledge in the universe

This knowledge of “the only true God, and Jesus Christ” (John 17:3) is the most important knowledge in the universe. The lack of it is the ignorance referred to in the revelation wherein it is written: “It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.” (D&C 131:6.)

You know the way now. It is not a mass experience. It must come to each individually. It must come to you.

You who have been baptized have the right to it. Desire it. Pray for it. Work for it, and God will give it to you.

“Except a Man Be Born Again”  
By President Marion G. Romney

Pres Romney tells a story of his wife gaining her testimony as a young girl. I thought of Enos and his "wrestle before God" to gain his testimony. Each of us has to return again and again to build our testimony piece by piece. I feel like I can see the whole picture but as I continue to study and pray, I keep gaining details. The main subject is recognizable but the true beauty and glory of the plan only comes with continually returning and fine tuning. Each small detail connects me further, enlarges my understanding, and helps me apply the knowledge more effectively. It truly is "the most important knowledge in the universe."

No comments:

Post a Comment