Pages

Friday, January 19, 2024

question authority

1 Nephi 10:19
For he that diligently seeketh shall find . . . Unless you're playing an rpg game and want a specific thing really bad. Then it will never pop up! 😆😆😆 I've been trying to get vauban prime in warframe for 2 rotations now. I got 2 or 4 pieces last time. Someone traded me the blueprint tonight, 🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉! One less piece to hunt for! 

But seriously, seminary this week has been all about nephi taking the time to question his father's vision. This is one of my favorite things about the gospel. We are directed to ask questions.   

My science teacher in high school started every year with the same speech, "Question Authority. Do it respectfully. Use proper channels (at least at first). But always, always question authority."  

That has always stuck with me. It's one of my core beliefs. You don’t learn if you don’t ask questions.  

God expands that idra in another if my favorite scriptures. Doctrine & Covenants 58:26. He directs us to think and act for ourselves. Yes, we turn to Him for guidance and He promises to give warning if we're headed the wrong way. We're here to learn and you don't learn if you don't try things. It's one of the most beautiful teachings of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment