Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

rejoice, again I say, rejoice

At the beginning of the year, I decided to make a study plan for the book of mormon. The app divided it up into daily chunks for me. Every day, I choose a scripture to make into a meme to share on social media. I look for something that testifies of Christ. It's also got to be short enough to fit a meme. The Isaiah chapters are killing me! It's not that there's no testimony, it's just too long and complex for memes. I've had to clip pieces from a few verses and stitch them together sometimes. They are still in context and are meant to go together. Isaiah just talks about such vast topics all at once, you have to do some reorganization to simplify it a bit. 

Today's is 2 Nephi 18:10-12

In the study manual is says "The writings of Isaiah include strong warnings, but they also offer hope and joy. This is one reason Nephi included them in his record. (2 Nephi 11:8) In a sense, the invitation to read Isaiah’s writings is an invitation to rejoice."

That made me think about Isaiah's complex writing. He's rejoicing over a lot at the same time. My rejoicing every day might be as complex and intricate as Isaiah or the Atonement. It can alo be as simple as a phrase, a meme, a cool breeze, or a cool rock I found. Mainly, i think god wants us to rejoice every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment