Pages

Monday, March 4, 2024

Samson

I was scrolling through my "encouragement" tag in the gospel app to find some scriptures for someone. This note from June 2022 is in there:

Samson has always been confusing to me. I never understood why a nazarite or dedicated discipline could go after the harlots and philistine women, take such horrid revenge, and keep trusting these women who betrayed him. After reading the seminary manual I understand that he isn't being held up as a good example. Maybe the bad examples are more relatable and hopefully I'll learn before making my own disasters.    

I do appreciate that when Samson had repented, the Lord granted him the strength to perform one last task. We all screw up over and over. It's never too late. Try not to go so far astray and make your own suffering worse, as we see with Samson. But even if we do, there is always a way back.  

Now I understand and relate better to Samson. He bore the scars of sin and bad choices but was able to return and be of use in the work anyway.  

Judges 16

No comments:

Post a Comment